The Short Answer: If you don't use the email settings as prescribed by COX for the various email applications on your cell phone, tablet, laptop, etc., the only way to send and receive COX hosted email will be to use a browser. Outlook and other email programs will stop working as expected after January 25, 2018.
- COX email will begin enforcing newer industry standards within their email system for your protection after January 25, 2018.
- If you don't verify these changes, you will limit your ability to use COX email outside of an internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.
- On each PC, phone, tablet, or laptop you use, open the email application you use for COX email, such as Outlook or Windows Mail. If you are using an Apple product, open settings and find email.
- If your "outgoing" mailserver is set to use port 25, change it to 465 with SSL enabled.
- If your "Incoming/POP mailserver" port is set to 110, change it to 995 with SSL enabled.
- If your "incoming/IMAP mailserver" port is set to 143, change it to 993 with SSL enabled.
- For further assistance with this change, you can reach COX Customer Support at 1-800-234-3993, or contact your IT support staff.
Conclusion: If you are unable to verify/make the changes by January 25th, simply logon to your COX webpage from an internet browser and use their web application. There are many ways to get to your COX email such as or https://www.cox.com or https://www.cox.net
Sign in with your account and password then select the "webmail" or "email" icon near the top right section of the page.